DIRECTOR OF SPORTS MEDICINE AND REHABILITATION
Originally from Mount Pearl, NL, Brian joined the Elks in June of 2021 as their Director of Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation. Cheeseman holds a Bachelor of Kinesiology from Memorial University in St. John’s, NL as well as a Bachelor of Applied Health Sciences (Athletic Therapy) from Sheridan College in Brampton, ON.
Brian is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day medical care for the Elks players. In addition to this he oversees the Athletic Therapy staff and works closely with the Elks team physicians and allied health providers to ensure the players receive world class care.
In his time with the Edmonton Oil Kings he was a part of two WHL Championships (2012 & 2014) and a Memorial Cup Championship (2014). He also found success at the international level with Team Canada at the IIHF World Junior Championships, winning two silver medals (2017 and 2021) and one gold medal (2018). Brian resides in Edmonton with his wife Adrienne.
NEED TO KNOW:
- 2021 – present: Edmonton Elks (CFL) | Director of Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation
- 2022: Canadian Olympic Men’s Hockey Team | Athletic Therapist
- 2010-21: Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL) | Athletic Therapist
- 2016-18, 2021: Team Canada at IIHF World Junior Championships | Athletic Therapist
- 2009-10: Tri-City Americans WHL | Athletic Therapist